Answers to our most frequently asked questions
We can host up to 80 seated guests (or 90 standing) in our venue.
All hourly events include 30 minutes before and after of set up and clean up time. Our onsite manager will have our tables and chairs set up, so all you have to do is decorate!
For weddings, additional setup and cleanup time must be purchased at the hourly rate.
- 80 white padded folding chairs, ten 60-inch round tables, and eight 6-foot rectangular tables
- An onsite manager for any and all building-related needs. The onsite manager is also responsible for the setup, breakdown, and room flip of our tables and chairs.
- Our new audio system, which includes two speakers and three microphones, and our projector. Your DJ can use our audio system or bring their own – and you can even plug in your phone and play music through our speakers!
- Market lights strung in the main venue space
- Prep kitchenette and bridal suites: If you’re hosting an hourly event with us, you may use our catering prep kitchenette and lobby area at no extra charge. If you’re hosting a wedding with us, you may also use our bridal suites and porch as part of your rental.
- Parking – We are handicap-accessible and have ample parking around our building, including the lot attached to our building and a remote lot down Gilbert Street. We provide a parking map and encourage that you share it with your guests via email or your website.
- Onsite trash dumpsters, as well as large trash bags, are included in your event rental.
- We include a 1-hour rental during business hours for bridal portraits or your engagement session. We also include an hour rehearsal 1 to 2 days prior to your wedding.
Yes! Event insurance protects you if anything goes wrong during your wedding or event. If you have to cancel or move your date due to weather or unforeseen circumstances, event insurance can replace deposits that you may lose otherwise.
Event insurance covers medical expenses if anyone is injured during your event. It also covers you if a guest redecorates our walls while their parents are on the dance floor. Here are a few other examples from WedSafe, if you’re interested.
The onsite manager will be present on your wedding day to handle anything that comes up with the venue. This person takes care of any and all of your building-related needs. They are also responsible for the setup, breakdown, and room flip of our tables and chairs.
You will still need a day-of coordinator to manage the timeline for your wedding day, decorations, vendor relations, and setup and cleanup of anything you or your vendors bring into the venue.
Even if you’re an organized, Type-A person, or someone who has helped with weddings and knows how exactly the day should go, you can’t clone yourself on your wedding day. You and your wedding party cannot run the ceremony, because you are participating in it. You’ll need someone else to coordinate drop-off times with vendors and to make sure that all of your décor and rentals return to where they need to be at the end of the night.
Absolutely! The Exchange has an open vendor policy. We also allow food to be brought premade and served, if a potluck-style event is more “you!”
If you have a caterer and bartender, we require that each be licensed and insured.
Absolutely! We love sparklers. We require that they remain outside, and that you provide a bucket of sand or water to put them in once you’re finished with them, but sparkle on!
We would love to speak with you via email, phone, or in-person to discover your plans for your big day!
If your date is more than 90 days in the future, to reserve it you must sign our contract and pay the $500 refundable security deposit, plus 50% of the rental fee.
If your event is less than 90 days away, the $500 refundable security deposit is due with the full rental fee to reserve your date.
We issue a refund of the security deposit the Monday following your event, as long as the venue is in normal condition.